ALTA is excited to release all the recorded panels, readings, workshops, and roundtables from the 43rd annual conference, In Between, which took place virtually from September 30 – October 18, 2020.
The conference, ALTA’s first gathering to take place virtually, was hosted on the platform Crowdcast. The 2020 conference was the largest to date, with over 650 attendees tuning in from all over the world during the course of the virtual gathering.
To access the released recordings, go to the ALTA Crowdcast page and click the session you’d like to watch. Click the green “Watch replay” button, and you will be able to watch the session of your choice after signing in. To access the full transcript, click the green “Click here for caption window” button in the session itself.
Wondering where to start? Check out these ALTA43 recordings we spotlighted in the weeks leading up to this full release:
- Burn the Bridge: Decolonizing Metaphors of Translation
- Decoding Poetry Translation Contracts
- Bilingual Reading: Children’s Literature and Performance
- Emerging Literary Translator Valley of Death: How I Got Out Alive
- Retranslation: Challenges & Opportunities
- The Agents’ Roundtable: Breaking the Ice for International Literature
- The Queer Spanish Caribbean
- Authors Guild Model Contract for Literary Translation
- Bilingual Reading: Prose Potpourri
- The Birth of a Book: From ALTA Conference to Bookshelf
- All Writing is Rewriting: Translating Nonfiction by C. Rivera Garza
- Using Computer-assisted Translation in Literary Translation
Information about the upcoming ALTA conference is coming shortly. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the recordings from the 2020 conference!